Thursday, February 14, 2013

A {Messy} Layout & 2 Cards

I was busy last night. I did a layout & 2 cards. I was on a role let me tell ya. Also didn't hurt that I was watching one of my new favourite shows, Person of Interest, on line. I have always liked crime dramas and this show is such a different twist on that genre.

Now to my scrappy stuff. I did the layout for Amy's Tuesday Temptations Challenge from February 4th. The challenge was to get messy, which can be difficult for me, but I did it! I started with the cream cardstock, put a template over it & then used a sponge and "pounced" Basic Grey ink over it. Then I laid it down and dropped droplets of spray mists on it, then sprayed it with about 4 different sprays. Ripped the edges and inked it with blue  ink. I thought all that made it less feminine. Thumbs Up I also inked the paper that I was matting my picture with, the tag (or what ever you would call that) and the saying strip...which I then cut up

Featuring Scraptures February SB Kit

Next up is my take on Laurie's Finally Friday Challenge from February 8th. It is my version of a Valentine's card for my son....you know you can't get mushy with 15 year old boys. Embarrassed

This is a scrap lift from a picture that I saved on my computer before I had Pinterest. If you know the original source, please let me know so that I can give credit where credit is due.

Finally, here is my take on Teresa's Wild Card Wednesday Challenge from this week. T wanted us to KISS~Keep It Simple Silly and use 4 layers and a port hole in our card. I made this card for my daughter's Valentine.



If you want to participate in any of these challenges, head on over to Scraptures and join us. We love getting new friends!

Thanks for looking!



2 comments:

  1. Hey Shannon...
    Wanted to let you know that I nominated you (and your blog) for a Liebster Award...here's a link to my blog for the details (it's to promote blogs with less than 200 followers)
    http://yellowdoggreetings.blogspot.ca/2013/04/thanks-chris-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete